Home > Ubuntu Error > Ubuntu Error Opening Terminal Vt100

Ubuntu Error Opening Terminal Vt100

but It's hard to copy and paste things to xterm Last edited by philip10; April 12th, 2015 at 01:45 AM. QR-Code™ 新浪微博 Recent Posts 读明朝历史有感 该对2015说再见了 读书社构想 买书 利用人脉信息 Recent Comments Powered by Disqus Categories Android (1) C/C++ (14) IDE (2) MAC OS X札记 (3) Octopress (6) RobotsBrain (1) Shell (9) So how to prevent it? They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own. have a peek at this web-site

Copyright © 2014 - 残剑 - Powered by Octopress current community chat Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. Covered by US Patent. The BSD folder appeared on my desktop, and I ran "sudo mv ~/Desktop/BSD/usr/share/terminfo /usr/share/terminfo" then restarted terminal, but I still get the same "Error opening terminal: xterm-256color" error. –Mike Lawrence Jul Are you new to LinuxQuestions.org?

Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies. Join and Comment By clicking you are agreeing to Experts Exchange's Terms of Use. Personal Open source Business Explore Sign up Sign in Pricing Blog Support Search GitHub This repository Watch 2,936 Star 36,421 Fork 10,745 docker/docker Code Issues 1,723 Pull requests 139 Projects The correct command is: Code: export TERM=xterm Anyway you might take a look at post #10 of this thread here at LQ.

We recommend upgrading to the latest Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox. Tango Icons Tango Desktop Project. youtube-dl-2010.04.... 14.6K 161.7K/s 00:00:00 [#####################] 100% checking package integrity... (9/9) checking for file conflicts [#####################] 100% (1/9) upgrading dbus-python [#####################] 100% (2/9) upgrading feh [#####################] 100% (3/9) upgrading grep [#####################] 100% Thread Tools Show Printable Version Subscribe to this Thread… Display Linear Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode Switch to Threaded Mode April 10th, 2015 #1 philip10 View Profile View Forum Posts Private

The ncurrses library, by the way, I cross compiled with the following command: It's probably linking against the system version of ncurses which needs terminal data in an external file. I connect from a Mac in Mavericks to a Mac in Snow Leopard. Why are only passwords hashed? It can also be modified by xterm -tn "name"...

Note, this will not survive restarts. 👍 25 This was referenced Jan 2, 2015 Closed docker don #9869 Closed dumb terminal when using docker exec #8631 jessfraz commented Feb 26, Number sets symbols in LaTeX Trick or Treat polyglot more hot questions question feed about us tour help blog chat data legal privacy policy work here advertising info mobile contact us knudfl View Public Profile View LQ Blog View Review Entries View HCL Entries Find More Posts by knudfl 07-19-2010, 12:21 AM #13 mcs_o8_01 Member Registered: Jul 2010 Posts: 42 Ubuntu Ubuntu Insights Planet Ubuntu Activity Page Please read before SSO login Advanced Search Forum The Ubuntu Forum Community Ubuntu Official Flavours Support Desktop Environments [SOLVED] Error opening terminal: xterm.

• Refer to AcceptEnv in sshd_config(5) for how to configure the server.
  • SvenDowideit commented Nov 27, 2014 I'm tempted to agree with you - at bare minimum, if we do accept the assertion by @cpuguy83 and @jfrazelle , they should have added some
  • But I clicked "Reset compatibility settings to defaults," xterm popped into the field, and all is well now.
  • What is misleading is that: both options have the same name (-t, --tty) both options descriptions are the same (Allocate a pseudo-TTY) thaJeztah referenced this issue Mar 3, 2016 Closed Set
  • share|improve this answer answered Dec 11 '13 at 19:06 depquid 2,227829 add a comment| Your Answer draft saved draft discarded Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign
  • UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
  • Hi philip10.
  • So: TERM=screen ssh host or TERM=vt100 ssh host If you do need the 256 color support, you could try xterm-256color which should be close enough (screen supports 256 colors the same
  • grep-2.6.3-1-i686.p... 135.6K 371.0K/s 00:00:00 [#####################] 100% :: Retrieving packages from extra...
  • Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for tech news and trends Membership How it Works Gigs Live Careers Plans and Pricing For Business Become an Expert Resource Center About Us Who We

See SendEnv in ssh_config(5) for how to configure the client. http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/error-opening-terminal-xterm-820314/ How do you enforce handwriting standards for homework assignments as a TA? Any other suggestions out there? export TERM=xtermin /etc/profile(install xterm again) logout , login and try again ...

Having a problem logging in? http://fullflash.net/ubuntu-error/ubuntu-error-log-apache.html Offline #3 2010-04-08 12:05:31 synthead Member From: Seattle Registered: 2006-05-09 Posts: 1,326 Re: [solved] Error opening terminal: unknown. share|improve this answer answered Jul 24 '11 at 1:21 Luke 87321835 I encountered the same error and tried your suggested steps. Mine says xterm Arch Linux is more than just GNU/Linux -- it's an adventure Offline #8 2010-04-08 20:34:55 synthead Member From: Seattle Registered: 2006-05-09 Posts: 1,326 Re: [solved] Error opening terminal:

what $TERM are you trying to run htop in?Edit:I've got to sleep but here are some ideas that occur to me (htop is working fine on my box), but maybe:1) TERM bathory View Public Profile View LQ Blog View Review Entries View HCL Entries Find More Posts by bathory 07-18-2010, 07:12 AM #10 MTK358 LQ 5k Club Registered: Sep 2009 SvenDowideit self-assigned this Dec 22, 2014 samshiles commented Dec 31, 2014 Workaround: Enter container with docker exec. Source Print some JSON Why do the Sparkfun and Adafruit Eagle libraries use smaller footprints than the manufacturer's recommended land pattern?

docker exec basically is for "exceptional" cases. When SSH:ing to it with my terminal emulator SecureCRT I can run the full screen editor pico. This was referenced Feb 17, 2016 Closed Can't use top in an exec pipe - "TERM not set" weaveworks/scope#759 Closed Add LC_ALL and TERM env vars sclorg/s2i-base-container#77 Closed `oc rsh` should

Join our community today!

Problem solved. Join them; it only takes a minute: Sign up Here's how it works: Anybody can ask a question Anybody can answer The best answers are voted up and rise to the BFS implementation: queue vs storing previous and next frontier Former boss asking me to do presentations How do we play with irregular attendance? Change it to a value supported by the remote host and that matches as closely as possible your terminal (screen).

Docker member thaJeztah commented Dec 21, 2014 +1. Have tried creating a new user but it has the same problem. Multiple environment variables may be separated by whitespace or spread across multiple SendEnv directives. have a peek here My only problem now is that i have to set TERM all the time.

Fixes #9299 Signed-off-by: Michael Crosby 5a6ad93 Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. RSS Blog Archives How to Resolve "Error Opening Terminal Linux" Jul 24th, 2013 | Comments Linux环境下,编译嵌入式系统时会用到make menuconfig或make config命令,这些命令通常会使用ncurses库,如果ncurses库没有安装设置正确,可能出现如下的错误信息: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 error opening terminal Linux

xterm works fine. Open Lion Installer app in Finder (Right click -> Show Package Contents) 4. It can also be modified by xterm -tn "name"... Last edited by philip10; May 26th, 2015 at 10:04 AM.

allanf View Public Profile View LQ Blog View Review Entries View HCL Entries Find More Posts by allanf View Blog 07-17-2010, 12:20 AM #3 mcs_o8_01 Member Registered: Jul 2010 Leonid.I wrote:Sorry, you guys can scratch my previous post @pseudonomous, you were right, $TERM is set by running xterm. But, unfortunately, it has not traversed Quagga stage yet. Using password authentication is like laundering hotel guest linens with a washboard — it’s Passé. How to make Skyscanner, Kiwi, Kayak include ground transfer in the search Partial sum of the harmonic series between two consecutive fibonacci numbers Instruments that don't require hand strength What could

cpuguy83 reopened this Nov 3, 2015 oryband added a commit to rounds/10M-Docker-Images that referenced this issue Nov 15, 2015 oryband added Privacy Policy Site Map Support Terms of Use current community chat Unix & Linux Unix & Linux Meta your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. I encountered a number of permission denied errors while unpacking with unpkg. At least the doc could mention that "-t" has a slightly different effect with "run" and with "exec".

Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in. I changed under Terminal Preferences (⌘+,) > Advanced pane, Declare Terminal as to VT-100. Reverting TERM...\n' export TERM=`echo -n $TERM | sed 's/-256color//'` fi That way, both xterm-256color and screen-265color are handled properly. Fixes #9299 Signed-off-by: Michael Crosby ">Add TERM env var to exec … When the `-t` flag is passed on exec make sure to add the TERM env var to mirror the

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Posts: 16,276 Rep: ""warning: locale supported by C library, locale unchanged"" "warning" usually means : This is an information. ( A warning is not an error ! ). .