> Unexpected Error
> Unexpected Error Action Could Not Be Completed Search
Unexpected Error Action Could Not Be Completed Search
Thanks in anticipation . Whenever i click search , the pane comes up with just the puppy or merlin . can solve any prob. I subsequently uninstalled Avira, before realising I had loads if issues on my system. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-files/search-has-unexpected-error-message/7d173ea1-7666-45b3-b48a-cd2ba7ae383e
I first tried this:Start>Run>cmd [enter] [Command prompt opens]regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]regsvr32 %Windir%\srchasst\srchui.dll [enter] I got a successful result on each attempt. Take a look at this: Windows Desktop Search (WDS) Administration Guide Installing Windows Desktop Search http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows/search/dtsinstall.mspx ozrom1e, Aug 4, 2007 #15 Sponsor This thread has been Locked and is Member Login Remember Me Forgot your password? Double-click the file to run it.
- Please Help Back to top #15 Guest_Nilesh Patidar_* Guest_Nilesh Patidar_* Guest Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:06 PM Back to top #16 coldemone coldemone Sleeping Winmatrixian Member 2,029 posts
- My problems started when I installled Avira Antivirus and accidently blocked some files which it warned me about (but I wasn't paying attention.
- Cannot use the index service as they will not index.
- Help Community Forum Software by IP.Board Sign In . .
- You'll be able to ask any tech support questions, or chat with the community and help others.
- Milander, Jul 23, 2007 #7 The Hound Joined: May 27, 2007 Messages: 3,235 Try this: Click start, run, and copy and paste these lines into the run line, one at a
- It asks me for the CD SP3, but when I insert that, it will not find the file msgr3en.dll on the disc.
- Whatever option I specify in the left pane, I always get a "Search Companion" error saying: "Unexpected Error Action could not be completed." I don't know whether it's a virus or
- The Hound, Jul 19, 2007 #2 devil_himself Joined: Apr 7, 2007 Messages: 4,910 Have a look http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_reinstall_the_search_c.htm http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_bad_search.htm http://www.petri.co.il/windows_xp_search_bug.htm devil_himself, Jul 19, 2007 #3 Milander Thread Starter Joined: Jul 19,
- Advertisements Latest Threads Apple's price hike Taffycat posted Oct 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Welcome to Wintertime floppybootstomp posted Oct 30, 2016 at 10:13 AM WCG Stats Sunday 30 October 2016
My appreciation is infinite! Luckily I stumbled upon your message which has saved me a lot of hassle.Nice one - and thanks again! Talk With Other Members Be Notified Of ResponsesTo Your Posts Keyword Search One-Click Access To YourFavorite Forums Automated SignaturesOn Your Posts Best Of All, It's Free! Please help !
tmgibs, have you resolved it yet? Because I don't want to use a 3rd party s/w for such a simple task as searching . Search > used to work but now it doesn't after several updates and patches. > > I tried reinstalling from the inf file but that does not help I have identically http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/86741-45-search-companion-error Wizard, Nov 1, 2003, in forum: Windows XP Help Replies: 0 Views: 906 Wizard Nov 1, 2003 Search Companion Error When You Search Files and Folders Karen, Nov 4, 2003, in
Carl PS: this is a big deal for me as I need to attach other drives and search the folders and files on them. Showing results for Search instead for Do you mean SHOP SUPPORT COMMUNITY Register | Sign In | Help English Español Deutsch Русский Forums Knowledge Base Blogs This thread was not marked solved, and both your OPs seemed to refer to search failure after an XP reinstall, so it made sense to combine them. I could not undo the Avira changes, even after re-installing the application...Following your suggestion has solved all the problems I was having recently such as Windows Search not working, unable to
No, create an account now. When i search for something , i get an error report saying UNEXPECTED ERROR . Guest, Apr 1, 2005, in forum: Windows XP Help Replies: 1 Views: 244 Apr 1, 2005 Printer driver does not install, "operation could not be completed" Dirk Haar, May 10, 2005, Register Forum Archives Operating Systems Microsoft Windows Windows Server Search Companion - Unexpected Error Search Companion - Unexpected Error - Windows Server Dear experts, I'm having a weird message every time
Guest, Jan 11, 2006 #3 Ramesh, MS-MVP Guest Search Companion Error When You Search for Files and Folders: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816665 -- Regards, Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User] Windows® XP Troubleshooting weblink Hello and welcome to PC Review. Just want to be polite and follow the rules.Hope I find an answer. Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem?
Join our site today to ask your question. any other way out ? Please join our friendly community by clicking the button below - it only takes a few seconds and is totally free. navigate here An error (403 Forbidden) has occurred in response to this request.
Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum. It returns an error message that: unexpected error :action could be completed. The system returned: (22) Invalid argument The remote host or network may be down.
Prev by Date: Re: Check disk not working properly Next by Date: Re: What are the advantages of XP over 2000?
No searching just error message. Colleen Gayle LaneMilton Public Library RE: Search Companion Error Leenie (TechnicalUser) (OP) 20 Jul 05 19:03 Oops.You know what.I didn't quite word my question correctly at the beginning.The search companion does Stay logged in Sign up now! There were 1.3 gig of data to update!
The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Then I started adding my programs. The time now is 01:50 AM. his comment is here Log in or Sign up Tech Support Guy Home Forums > Operating Systems > Windows XP > Computer problem?
Reasons such as off-topic, duplicates, flames, illegal, vulgar, or students posting their homework. Sothat will not complete.So I pointed to the i386 folder on the hd and it worked. Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Still no Search Milander, Aug 3, 2007 #12 devil_himself Joined: Apr 7, 2007 Messages: 4,910 IS the search option missing or you are having problems while searching devil_himself, Aug